Golden Gate Ferry recognizes and understands that it is never pleasant to receive a parking citation. We hope the following information assists in handling your citation.
You may pay your penalty online or by mail. You may also appeal your citation. Payment or an appeal request must be received within 21 days of the citation date. Ignoring the time limits of this notice may result in immediate action in the form of additional penalties and an eventual lien hold being placed on your vehicle registration with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Inquiries may be made by calling 800-989-2058.
- At the Citation Processing Center website (https://www.citationprocessingcenter.com/).
- You can search by time and citation number, notice number, license plate, or date and citation number.
- Payments can be made 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or AMEX.
Pay by Mail
- Send the proper amount of penalty in money order or personal check (DO NOT SEND CASH), payable to: MARIN PARKING AUTHORITY.
- Enclose the NOTICE OF PARKING VIOLATION with your payment and write the CITATION NUMBER on your payment.
- There will be a $25.00 service fee charge for all returned checks.
- Payment for the citation may be sent to:
Marin Parking Authority
Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 10479
NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658-0479
Appeal the Citation
To appeal a citation, the registered owner or lessee of the vehicle cited may submit a written appeal online at the Citation Processing Center website (https://www.citationprocessingcenter.com/) or mail an appeal with any supporting information to the address noted above. Payment or an appeal request must be received within 21 days of the citation date. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Payment Plan Options (California State Legislature AB 503, AB 2544 “indigent”)
Proof of Indigence
A person is “indigent” if they meet any of the following conditions:
- The person meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code. See below.
- The person receives public benefits from any of the programs listed in subdivision (a) of Section 68632 of the Government Code. See below.
The person may demonstrate that he or she is indigent by providing either of the following information, as applicable:
- Proof of income from a pay stub or another form of proof of earnings, such as a bank statement that shows the individual meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code. See below.
- Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described in subdivision (a) of Section 68632 of the Government Code. See below. Proof of receipt will consist of a copy of the most recent Verification of Benefits form, Notice of Action (Approval) Letter, or Award Letter.
** If person has no income or does not receive Public Assistance, a copy of their yearly earnings from the Social Security Department is required for proof. **
To submit an indigent payment plan request, please visit the Citation Processing Center website (https://www.citationprocessingcenter.com/).
Government Code Section 68632
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- California Work Opportunity (CalWorks)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- County Relief, General Relief (GR) or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind and Disabled Legal immigrants
- In-Home Supportive Service (IHSS)
Section (b): An applicant whose monthly income is 125 percent or less of the current poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Health and Human Service.