Parking is extremely limited at the Golden Gate Bridge—take public transit or a rideshare instead! If you must drive to the Bridge, don’t leave valuables in your vehicle! Visit our Park Smart at the GGB page for tips to avoid auto theft.
GGB parking lots are closed to vehicles on weekends and holidays from 11AM to 5PM. This includes Vista Point at the north end and the Welcome Center and Merchant Road lots at the south end. Visitors are encouraged to arrive by other means (public transit, rideshare, etc.). For more information, go to our Public Transit page.
Taking public transit to the Golden Gate Bridge is the best way to get to the Bridge because parking is extremely limited and there are ongoing construction projects at or near the Bridge.
Accessing the South End of the Bridge
At the southeast end of the Golden Gate Bridge, you can experience many new visitor experiences—a Welcome Center with one-of-a-kind merchandise, the Bridge Café, restrooms, and a number of incredible photography/viewing points.
- From San Francisco to/from the south end of the Golden Gate Bridge:
- Golden Gate Transit (Bus Schedules & Maps):
- To/from Downtown or Union Square: Board any GGT bus (Routes 101, 130, and 150) at Salesforce Transit Center (Bus Plaza, Bay A) or along Mission Street (north side of the street, GGT marked stops only). All buses serve the northbound Toll Plaza bus stop.
- To/from Civic Center: Board any GGT bus (Routes 101, 130, and 150) at 7th & Market streets or across the street from City Hall at McAllister & Polk streets. All buses serve the northbound Toll Plaza bus stop.
- To/from Fisherman’s Wharf: During weekday afternoons, board any GGT bus (Routes 114, 132, 154, and 172) along North Point Street (north side of the street, GGT marked stops only). All buses serve the northbound Toll Plaza bus stop. At all other times, walk or take Muni’s 49 bus line to Van Ness & Union and board any GGT bus (Routes 101, 130, and 150) at the northbound bus stop.
- From Marin and Sonoma counties to/from the south end of the Golden Gate Bridge:
- Golden Gate Transit: All GGT routes serve the southbound Toll Plaza bus stop. To return to Marin or Sonoma counties, board any of these same routes at the northbound Toll Plaza bus stop.
Accessing the North End of the Bridge
The north end of the Bridge (also called Vista Point) offers many photo opportunities and has restrooms for visitors.
Golden Gate Transit trip-planning assistance is available Mondays through Fridays, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., by calling 511
and saying "Golden Gate Transit," then "operator," or by using the Google Trip Planner
SF Muni trip-planning assistance is available by calling 311 or visiting www.sfmta.com.