Riding your bicycle to Golden Gate Transit is a fun and healthy way to commute. All Golden Gate Transit buses are equipped with exterior three-position bike racks at the front of the bus or underbelly bike racks.
The following are safety tips when bringing your bike on Golden Gate Transit.
- Make eye contact with driver when using bike racks.
- Always wear a helmet when riding your bike.
- Cyclists share the same rights and are subject to the same responsibilities as other vehicle operators.
- Ride on designated bike routes where possible.
- Be visible! Wear highly visible clothing during the day and a reflective vest or clothing at night. Always ride with a light on your bike at night. Be careful to avoid blind spots of buses, trucks and other vehicles.
- Always stay out of the dangerous "door zone" by riding at least 3 feet from parked cars on the street.
For more bike tips, contact the Marin County Bicycle Coalition at 415-456-3469 or marinbike.org or the San Francisco Bike Coalition at 415-431-2453 or sfbike.org.