The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District is committed to achieving a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the region that it serves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
The District offers career opportunities for positive and motivated team players who desire to be a part of and contribute to our mission of providing a safe and reliable operation, maintenance, and enhancement of the Golden Gate Bridge and transportation services for the public in the U.S. Highway 101 Golden Gate Corridor.
Our goal is to provide our employees with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes the following:
- Paid Time-Off: Competitive vacation accrual, generous sick leave accruals, 11 holidays per year, and 2 floating holidays.
- Health Plans: The District offers multiple medical plans, namely CalPERS Kaiser HMO, PERS Select Basic PPO or PERS Choice Basic PPO (PPO Plans are administered by Anthem Blue Cross). The District also provides a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) account for out-of-pocket expenses associated with your District-sponsored group health and prescription drug plans.
- Retirement Programs: Available through CalPERS, ICMA-RC 457 B and 401 (a), and Social Security.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): A FSA allows pre-tax dollars to be set aside to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses for you and your family. This can be used for Health Care Reimbursement Account and Dependent Daycare Reimbursement Account.
- Life Insurance: The District provides a basic life and accidental death insurance benefit. Life insurance is used to replace the lost income of the deceased. Life insurance coverage is provided through SunLife.
- Employee Assistance Program: This is a confidential and free service that provides support, counseling, referrals, and resources for issues that impact your life. The EAP program offers support or assistance for financial/legal concerns, depression, stress, parenting and family issues, and child and elder care. Services are available 24 hours-a-day and are available to all family members.
- Plus excellent dental, vision, disability, professional development and more.
For more details about benefits or retirement, please contact Human Resources at 415-257-4526.
* Important note: Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Not all health plans are available to new hires within the first two (2) years of employment.