The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District's (District) Master Ordinance is the repository of actions taken by the Board of Directors (Board) to set policies for the District. An ordinance is simply a rule made by an authority such as the District.
The Master Ordinance includes actions taken by the Board that (1) establish tolls, service charges and transit fares; and, (2) prescribe rules and regulations governing use of the Golden Gate Bridge, its approaches and its facilities, as well as the Golden Gate Ferry and Golden Gate Transit facilities.
The Board, at its meeting of January 26, 2001, approved a new annual numbering and recodification system for District Ordinances (Resolution No. 2001-015), so as to make the District Master Ordinance a more useful resource to members of the Board, staff, and the public, and to more efficiently administer the ordinance system. With this system, each individual ordinance adopted during the calendar year will be incorporated into a newly adopted Master Ordinance on a periodic basis, preferably by February of each year. Each new Master Ordinance will include an appendix that indexes the individual ordinances adopted throughout the calendar year(s) preceding the last Master Ordinance.
The Board, at its meeting of June 24, 2022, adopted a new Master Ordinance, including Appendix B, which lists the individual Ordinances adopted by the Board from March 1, 2017, to June 30, 2022.
- Go to the Board of Directors Policy Documents page to view the Master Ordinance.
Board Resolutions & Ordinances
A Board Resolution is a formal document resulting from a vote or a decision made by the Board of Directors at a Board meeting. A Board Ordinance is formal document adopted with reference to facts and circumstances which are found and declared by the Board of Directors.
- For Resolutions and Ordinances from 2014 to present, use the search feature of our website to search for the document (ex: "Resolution No. 2015-002"). These documents are also part of Board Meeting minutes—go to our Meeting Documents page and search by a Board of Directors meeting or by month and year.
- For Resolutions and Ordinances from 2008 through 2013, go to the Board of Directors Policy Documents page to view these documents.
- For Resolutions and Ordinances from 2007 and earlier, email our District Secretary Office for assistance.
Rules of the Board
The Rules of the Board are designed solely to facilitate the handling by the Board of Directors of its own affairs. The rules are not intended, and shall not be construed, to create procedural or substantive rights in any person who is not a member of the Board in the event an action is taken by the Board in a manner which may depart from, or be inconsistent with, said rules.
- Go to the Board of Directors Policy Documents page to view the Rules of the Board.
Conflict of Interest Code
The Political Reform Act (Government Code Section 81000, et seq.) requires state and local government agencies to adopt and promulgate conflict-of-interest codes. The Fair Political Practices Commission has adopted a regulation (2 California Code of Regulations Section 18730) that contains the terms of a standard conflict-of-interest code, which can be incorporated by reference in an agency’s code. After public notice and hearing, the standard code may be amended by the Fair Political Practices Commission to conform to amendments in the Political Reform Act. Therefore, the terms of 2 California Code of Regulations Section 18730 and any amendments to it duly adopted by the Fair Political Practices Commission are hereby incorporated by reference. This regulation and the attached Appendices, designating positions and establishing disclosure categories, shall constitute the conflict-of-interest code of the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District (District). Individuals holding designated positions shall file their statements of economic interests with the Secretary of the District, which will make the statements available for public inspection and reproduction (Gov. Code Sec. 81008). All statements will be retained by the District.
- Go to the Board of Directors Policy Documents page to view Conflict-of-Interest Code.
California Form 806
California Form 806 is a public document of an agency to report public official appointments.
- Go to the Board of Directors Policy Documents page to view the District's California Form 806.