Effective Dates 10/19 - 10/25
Due to social distancing requirements, we are limiting the number of passengers per bus: 9 passengers on a 40-foot bus and 11 passengers on a 45-foot coach. When a bus reaches capacity, riders may have to wait for the next bus or find an alternative route. We have increased capacity on some trips with the addition of a backup coach.
Please check here for weekly updates on bus capacity and backup bus schedules.
To assist with your trip planning, we have put together color-coded route timetables that show which trips and stops are at risk for reaching capacity. We will be monitoring capacity on a weekly basis, so please check back each week for updated timetables. As we continue to monitor capacity, we will also be generating a weekly backup bus schedule to accommodate riders who are denied boarding due to capacity.
What you need to know about capacity timetables:
- Stops are deemed high risk for reaching capacity based on boarding data and passenger passups
- Green indicates trips at low risk for reaching capacity
- Orange indicates trips at high risk for reaching capacity - please plan accordingly.
- This information is subject to change
cAPACITY tIMETABLES hERE
- Backup bus schedules are generated weekly based on previous week's capacity reports
bACKUP BUS SCHEDULE HERE
For trip planning assistance:
- Call 511 and say "Golden Gate Transit" this will take you to our customer service department which is open weekdays from 7am - 6pm
- For real-time arrival and departure times, download Transit app
- Stuck at a bus stop? Text 41411 with your Bus Stop ID and receive a text back with a list of upcoming trips. Example text: GGT 41209 (be sure to leave a space between "GGT" and the Bus Stop ID).
- Follow us on Twitter for service alerts @GoldenGateBus
Please note that masks or facial coverings are required to ride on Golden Gate Transit! Thank you for your cooperation!